Saturday, September 11, 2010

how time flies!

I really can't believe it has been a year...well, a year and a week since little Brinley Anne entered this world. I have kinda put off writing this entry because I am in slight denial of the whole thing! We had a little party of family and a few friends to celebrate this milestone. Brinley was such a little star. Always smiling and running around like a big girl. What a bittersweet day. It is awesome to see her growing into such a happy and curious child, but so sad that she isn't my little baby anymore.

We are looking forward to the next few years. We can't wait to be able to take the girls places and not have to worry about naps and bottles and packing diapers and baby food and all the other little things that go with itty bitty children. We can't wait to do the big family vacations and outtings around the valley with them as they get older. We have so many years of fun times ahead of us!

Until then, I am going to hold onto these little girls as long as I can and hope that I can stop time temporarily. To hold a sleeping Brinley a few minutes longer or carry Peyton a few steps further are the moments that I look for. One day they will both be running out the door fighting over the car keys and deciding which classes to take at college. That day will come sooner than I think! Lucky for me we are building memories every day.


This toy was the winner of the day! Thanks Auntie Andi and Uncle Kendall for picking the best toy ever! Look at the kids all gathered around waiting for me to pry it out of the box and free it from the plastic bindings!




Yummy! No major messes at this birthday party. She was pretty determined to eat it with spoon since Peyton was eating hers with one! Silly little girl!!!



Cute, cute, cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment